Wednesday 20 July 2016

Corn on the Cob felt food

Remember a while back when I was making felt food and decided I would make corn on the cob as my next felt item? I decided to follow this tutorial:

felt food
Felt Corn on the Cob by While Wearing Heels

I may have had one of those run before you can walk moments again.

It's not that the technique is particularly difficult, it's pretty simple and very well explained. It's just that it takes quite a long time compared to the other felt food projects I had already done. I sewed the whole thing by hand too, just because I'm too lazy to set up my sewing machine for a little bit of one coloured thread. Also, I didn't realise before I started that my two sheets of yellow felt weren't quite the same shade of yellow (and this project does use a lot of yellow felt) so that doesn't quite match. Oh well, it's only going to get chewed to pieces by the baby when he's a little older, so I'm trying not to dwell on it.






But anyway, despite me taking forever and being ill-equipped, I think this turned out quite well. Not bad for play food!


No comments:

Post a Comment