Monday 30 May 2016

Going on holiday with a baby and all the STUFF!

We decided to go on a 3 night trip to Cornwall when baby Andrew was 4 months old. Pre-baby I had no idea just how much STUFF they need. I don't think we were being excessive, yet here is what we ended up taking. I've probably forgotten something too.

  • Travel cot and mattress cover
  • Spare mattress cover
  • 2 x blanket
  • Pushchair and car seat
  • Rain cover for pushchair (definitely needed!)
  • Baby carrier
  • Cold water steriliser tub
  • 6 x bottles
  • 4 x little containers for milk powder
  • Box of formula
  • 6 x instant milk
  • Milton sterilising tablets
  • Approx 20 nappies
  • Wipes
  • Cotton balls
  • Nappy bags
  • Sudocrem
  • Eczema cream
  • Infacol
  • Calpol
  • Thermometer
  • Changing bag
  • Dummies x 3
  • 4 x night sleep suits
  • 3 x day time outfits
  • 6 x vests
  • One emergency outfit that lived in the changing bag
  • Sunhat
  • 3 x bibs
  • 3 x muslins
  • 2 x booties
  • 1 rattle
And a small backpack each for mum and dad's clothes, toiletries etc.

The car, which isn't small, was completely rammed and I think we used pretty much everything we brought with us except the Calpol and thermometer (phew). How do people with two children manage? Hopefully it gets easier when they aren't relying on sterilised bottles of milk.

Anyway, a good time was had despite experiencing almost every kind of weather, until the way home when I started getting an upset stomach. Thankfully I managed to hold it together until we got home. Hurrah for easy access to buckets! I rather ruined the end of my holidays by being sick all evening. Meanwhile my superstar husband unpacked everything and took care of baby Andrew as I upchucked the last of my holiday meals out. What a champ!

Beautiful, British holiday weather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment